WHAT IS K-Tape?
Kinesio-tape is a specially designed tape that is used to aid in the soft tissue healing process. It allows for a full range of motion while keeping an area supported. If you look at the banding pattern on the adhesive, you can see how the tape will pull against itself. It will help lift the skin off the subcutaneous tissue to reduce swelling, bruising and decrease pain.
WHAT TO DO WITH THE TAPE?
- If you have any sort of reaction to the tape (ie. Itching, burning), take the tape off immediately.
- Your body will adapt and you should forget that the tape is there after the first hour of application.
- The tape should stay on for 3-4 days. You can get it wet, so shower or swim as usual.
- After 3-4 days the adhesive will start to break down. At that time, it will get tattered and it’s best to remove it.
- The tape usually comes off most easily in the shower.
- Use soap, baby oil or conditioner to help breakdown the adhesive if needed to remove.
- It’s not unusual for the tape to leave mild markings on the skin after removal. They will go away given a few days.
If you have any questions, please ask or call us at 610-489-8800.
Download a printable version here…