As we continue to respond to the ever-changing environment around COVID-19, the safety of our patients, staff and community is our highest priority. We understand that new information surrounding the changing landscape of our everyday routines has many feeling concerned. We are closely monitoring recommendations and protocols established by the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), as well as state and local health departments.
The Spinal Care team is taking every precaution to ensure your health while you are in our office. Every staff member will be wearing face masks, frequently washing their hands and, as always, we are using disinfectant to clean surfaces in treatment and massage rooms as well as the reception area after each patient leaves.
We have a few requests for you.
- Each time you schedule a massage session at Spinal Care, you will receive a notification regarding a new form in the Patient Portal. This form outlines policies related to COVID-19 precautions. After you’ve signed it prior to the first session, there’s no need for you to repeat the process (unless we specifically request you to do so).
- We are asking that our patients monitor their health and, if they experience signs or symptoms of the flu or coronavirus, they refrain from visiting the office for 48 hours after the symptoms have resolved. Last minute cancellation fees will be waived if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 at any time.
- We use a non-contact thermometer to check each patient’s temperature upon arrival.
- Before each massage session, you will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire related to COVID-19 signs and symptoms. The massage therapist will review the intake form with you.
- While in the office, patients are asked to abide by safety precautions such as using hand sanitizer before and after touching surfaces such as doorknobs, tables, countertops, and the credit card machine.
- Please bring a face mask. Without exception, you are required to wear the mask at all times while in our office. This means you’ll be wearing the mask during your massage. The massage therapist will also wear a mask throughout the massage.
- Patients are asked to avoid bringing guests with them during their visit. The exception is for minors receiving massage. It is required by the PA State Board of Massage Therapy that a parent or guardian be present in the massage room.
- In common areas, please be mindful of social distancing, particularly in our waiting area and when passing others in our hallway.
These policies will remain in place until further notice. As always, we encourage you to provide feedback and suggestions. If you have any questions or any concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you.